By Lizzie Houghton
Crafters are embracing felting as the most interesting and flexible concepts around—and cloth artist Lizzie Houghton bargains 30 attractive tasks that really stand proud of the gang. Her thorough, fully-illustrated educational within the fundamentals will open the craft as much as an individual: it contains every thing from laying out the cloth and community felting to third-dimensional kinds. newcomers then have the abilities they should create refined variances in colour; perform daring, playful experiments; and paintings with conventional fibers in addition to velvets, silks, and embroidery. The scarves, wraps, pillows, throws, and different felted designs all function nature-inspired colors, from the fiery colorations of chili and poppy and rust to the earthy tones of fern and moss.
Read Online or Download Creative Felting PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
If you have been longing to have all of your favourite crochet innovations and precise stitches in a single convenient publication, then glance no extra. you can find over fifty five initiatives that pass hand-in-hand with the featured thoughts & stitches and full-color images all through. additionally incorporated is a unique Getting all started part that comes with diagrams and directions for uncomplicated crochet stitches.
Книга на английском языке, посвященная вязанию крючком узоров с мотивом ананас (pineapple). Представлены самые разные модели салфеток - круглых, прямоугольных, тканенвых с обвязкой и т. п.
“Trish Burr has painstakingly recreated blooms from the work of nineteenth century botanical artist Pierre Joseph Redoute in beautiful embroidery. utilizing basically the easiest stitches, she offers directions, illustrations and photograph- graphs to take you step by step via sewing 17 appealing buds—roses, lilies, birds of paradise, dahlias, magnolias and extra.
- Whip Up Mini Quilts: Patterns and How-To for 26 Contemporary Small Quilts
- Westminster Patchwork and Quilting Book. Thirteen Designs
- Cross-stitch Patterns for Mother Goose's Words of Wit and Wisdom
- The Complete Photo Guide to Needlework
- Lovely Landscape Quilts: Using Strings and Scraps to Piece and Applique Scenic Quilts
Additional info for Creative Felting
3. Cut five or six holly leaves from the green paper, and punch a hole in the base of each. 4. Form the red and gold ribbon into a bow, and twist the wire around the center of the bow and the holly berry stems. Thread the wire through the holly leaves and around the center of the bow. 5. Wire the bow onto the clip handle at the base of the glue stick. Arrange the leaves and glue them in place. LEAF PATTERN Cut several holly leaves from metallic wrapping paper, and punch a hole in one end Mistletoe Ball 2 Mistletoe, possessor of magical qualities, invites people to kiss under the cluster of leaves and berries.
Santa Claus, as shown in The Night Before Christmas poem drawn by Thomas Nast, was a jolly old elf with a big round belly, red nose, and white beard. He wore a red suit trimmed in white fur with black boots. A more recent version shows a bearded Santa in a long flowing robe trimmed in fur, as Saint Nicholas might have dressed in medieval times. ). An elf called Jultomten (Sweden) or Julenissen (Denmark and Norway) leaves presents for children. And everyone knows elves toil year round at the North Pole making Santa's toys.
Again, fold the strip evenly, matching (A) to (B), and pin beside the fold at (C). Rotate the strip on (A), and place pins all around at several point (C)s. c. Remove the strip, and fold it into eight even sections. Wrap it around at the (C) pins, and pin different colored pins at each fold. Remove the (C) pins. 3. For guide threads, thread the needle with a colored thread that measures eight times the circumference of the ball. Secure the thread, and wrap it from (A) to (B), touching a (C) pin.