By Jane C. Ballantyne, Salahadin Abdi, Scott M. Fishman
The second one variation of this hugely well known pocket consultant offers the state of the art techniques to ache administration which are presently taught and practiced on the Massachusetts common clinic. This thoroughly revised re-creation is much more uncomplicated and scientific than its predecessor. All chapters are up-to-date and 15 new chapters conceal epidemiology of soreness; quantitative sensory checking out; neuroradiology; psychopharmacology for soreness; pre-emptive analgesia for acute ache; continual discomfort and the tough sufferer; actual remedy in persistent ache; neuropathic soreness syndromes; melancholy and discomfort; soreness and drug dependancy; soreness and anguish; symptom administration; palliative care; radiotherapy and melanoma discomfort; and radiopharmaceuticals. an exceptional pocket reference that may be used at the ground day-by-day.
By Steven Hoober, Eric Berkman
With millions of cellular functions on hand this day, your app has to trap clients instantly. This ebook offers sensible ideas that will help you catch—and keep—their recognition. You’ll examine middle ideas for designing potent person interfaces, besides a collection of universal styles for interplay layout on every kind of cellular devices.
Mobile layout experts Steven Hoober and Eric Berkman have amassed and researched seventy six most sensible practices for every thing from composing pages and showing info to using displays, lighting fixtures, and sensors. every one development features a dialogue of the layout challenge and resolution, besides diversifications, interplay and presentation information, and antipatterns.
* Compose pages in order that details is straightforward to find and control
* supply labels and visible cues applicable in your app’s clients
* Use info keep watch over widgets to aid clients speedy entry info
* make the most of gestures and different sensors
* observe really expert tips on how to hinder mistakes and the lack of user-entered facts
* let clients to simply make decisions, input textual content, and manage controls
* Use displays, lighting, haptics, and sounds to speak your message and raise person delight
"Designing cellular Interfaces is one other stellar addition to O’Reilly’s crucial interface books. each cellular dressmaker should want to have this thorough booklet on their shelf for reference."
—Dan Saffer, writer of Designing Gestural Interfaces
By Enrico Perla, Massimiliano Oldani
The variety of safety countermeasures opposed to user-land exploitation is at the upward push. due to this, kernel exploitation is changing into even more renowned between take advantage of writers and attackers. fiddling with the center of the working procedure could be a harmful video game: This ebook covers the theoretical thoughts and methods had to increase trustworthy and potent kernel-level exploits and applies them to assorted working structures (Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, and Windows). Kernel exploits require either paintings and technological know-how to accomplish. each OS has its quirks and so each take advantage of has to be molded to totally take advantage of its aim. This e-book discusses the most well-liked OS families-UNIX derivatives, Mac OS X, and Windows-and the right way to achieve whole keep watch over over them. ideas and strategies are awarded categorically in order that even if a particularly specified take advantage of has been patched, the foundational details that you've got learn might help you to write down a more moderen, larger assault or a extra concrete layout and protecting structure.
* Covers a number of working method households - UNIX derivatives, Mac OS X, Windows
* info universal eventualities equivalent to everyday reminiscence corruption (stack overflow, heap overflow, etc.) matters, logical insects and race conditions
* provides the reader from user-land exploitation to the area of kernel-land (OS) exploits/attacks, with a selected specialize in the stairs that result in the construction of profitable thoughts, on the way to supply to the reader whatever greater than only a set of tricks
By Jeff Lemire
Hawkeye and Hawkeye take target at one other season. yet it's now not all instantly as an arrow for Clint and Kate. A deep-seated rift that stretches throughout time, brings outdated guy Clint and a better Kate again jointly as they chase down errors from their previous. The star-studded staff of Jeff Lemire and Ramon Perez go back, bringing you one other encouraged examine the area of Hawkeye.
By Bryan Lee O'Malley
Scott Pilgrim is slacker/hero/rockstar, which used to be understanding for him until eventually he met the woman of his (literal) desires. Now he needs to struggle her seven evil ex-boyfriends to stick with her.
By Tony Daniel, James Bonny
It’s one other bucket-of-blood shoot-’em-up because the “Godkiller” saga involves an end—but now not with no sacrifice from Slade!
By Kelsey Wood
A complete evaluation of Slavoj Zizek's inspiration, together with all of his released works to date.
• presents a high-quality foundation within the paintings of a fascinating philosopher and instructor whose rules will proceed to notify philosophical, mental, political, and cultural discourses good into the future
• Identifies the foremost currents in Zizek's notion, discussing all of his works and offering a history in continental philosophy and psychoanalytic idea essential to its understanding
• Explores Zizek's growing to be reputation via his engagement in present occasions, politics, and cultural studies
• relates to a number of fields, together with modern philosophy, psychology, cultural experiences, sociology, political technology, esthetics, literary thought, movie conception, and theology
By Mark Waid
Warbringer has made reliable on his identify, and the All-New Avengers stand poised to yank defeat from the jaws of victory until they could placed their modifications aside--and in terms of Ms. wonder and Nova, that doesn't appear almost certainly!
By Marc Bojanowski
The nameless narrator of this amazing debut novel is a tender drifter looking for his destiny. The son of a passionate good looks and delicate health professional, he roams the border among the USA and Mexico, ultimately settling in a sleepy Baja city at the verge of transformation. right here he learns to face face-to-face with canines in a makeshift ring, to struggle for cash and repute, and turns into concerned with a robust and corrupt entrepreneur. but if he reveals friendship with a progressive previous poet and love with a stunning, blameless lady, every thing adjustments. stuck among the methods of his prior and the goals of his destiny, he needs to make a devastating selection which could price him everything.
The puppy Fighter is an exciting story of brutality and violence, love and knowledge, heartbreak and redemption.