By Kyung Won Chung PhD, Harold M. Chung MD
Written within the renowned Board evaluation sequence define structure, this strong, easy-to-use source offers the necessities of human anatomy via concise descriptions, scientific correlations, radiographs, full-color illustrations, and tables. Over 550 board-style questions with whole solutions and factors, chapter-ending tests, and an end-of-book complete examination assist you grasp key information.
- New high-yield studies on the finish of every bankruptcy offer special practise for USMLE Step 1 and anatomy direction examinations.
- An up to date full-color paintings application is helping you already know tricky options and complex anatomical structures.
- greater than 550 USMLE-style questions, solutions, and rationales can be found either electronically and in print to facilitate gross anatomy review.
- New radiographs, MRIs, CT scans, ultrasound scans, and angiograms assist you boost a greater knowing of anatomy and scientific medicine.
- medical correlations display connections among anatomical wisdom and medical medicine.
- A 100-question finished examination on the finish of the e-book presents a superb prep software for the particular exam.
- a brand new bankruptcy on cranial nerves presents info lined on USMLE Step 1 and anatomy direction examinations.
- (An interactive on-line query financial institution makes it effortless that you should create custom-made perform assessments to gauge your understanding.)
Read Online or Download BRS Gross Anatomy PDF
Similar anatomy books
This conventional lab guide for the A&P path examines each constitution and serve as of the human physique. as well as a wide number of illustrations, the handbook good points dissection of the cat, various physiological experiments, an emphasis at the learn of anatomy via histology, lists of applicable phrases accompanying paintings, quite a few photomicrographs and specimen pictures, phonetic pronunciation and derivation of phrases, diagrams of lab apparatus, lab document questions and file templates, and 3 appendices.
A silicon compiler is a software program process that may instantly generate an built-in circuit from a user's specification. Anatomy of a Silicon Compiler examines one such compiler intimately, masking the elemental framework and layout access, the particular algorithms and libraries that are used, the method of verification and checking out, behavioral synthesis instruments and several other purposes which exhibit the system's functions.
- Applications of Physiological Ecology to Forest Management (Physiological Ecology)
- Biology in Physics: Is Life Matter? (Polymers, Interfaces and Biomaterials)
- Pelvic Floor Anatomy and the Surgery of Pulsion Enterocoele
- Tumor Cell Metabolism: Pathways, Regulation and Biology
- The mammal in the mirror: understanding our place in the natural world
Extra info for BRS Gross Anatomy
Lumbar Vertebrae ■ Are distinguished by their large bodies, sturdy laminae, and absence of costal facets. The fifth lumbar vertebra has the largest body of the vertebrae. ■ Are characterized by a strong, massive transverse process and have mamillary and accessory processes. G. 2) ■ Is a large, triangular, wedge-shaped bone composed of five fused sacral vertebrae. ■ Has four pairs of foramina for the exit of the ventral and dorsal primary rami of the first four sacral nerves. ■ Forms the posterior part of the pelvis and provides strength and stability to the pelvis.
Deep or Intrinsic Muscles 1. Muscles of the Superficial Layer: Spinotransverse Group ■ Consist of the splenius capitis and the splenius cervicis. ■ ■ ■ Originate from the spinous processes and insert into the transverse processes (splenius cervicis) and on the mastoid process and the superior nuchal line (splenius capitis). Are innervated by the dorsal primary rami of the middle and lower cervical spinal nerves. Extend, rotate, and laterally flex the head and the neck. 2. Muscles of the Intermediate Layer: Sacrospinalis Group ■ Consist of the erector spinae (sacrospinalis), which is divided into three columns: iliocostalis ■ ■ ■ ■ (lateral column), longissimus (intermediate column), and spinalis (medial column).
The answer is B. Fertilization occurs in the ampulla of the uterine tube, and a fertilized oocyte forms a blastocyst by day 7 after fertilization and becomes embedded or implanted in the wall of the uterus during the progestational (secretory) phase of the menstrual cycle. Fertilization is the process beginning with the penetration of the secondary oocyte by the sperm and completed by fusion of the male and female pronuclei. 14. The answer is B. The suprarenal gland is a retroperitoneal organ and is a purely endocrine gland.