By Bertell Ollman
During this e-book, the main thorough account of Marx's conception of alienation but to have seemed in English, Professor Ollman reconstructs the speculation from its constituent elements and provides it as a vantage element from which to view the remainder of Marxism. The publication extra incorporates a targeted exam of Marx's philosophy of inner family members, the a lot missed logical foudation of his procedure, and gives a scientific account of Marx's belief of human nature. as a result of its virtually distinctive trouble with assisting readers comprehend Marx's strange use of language, Alienation has confirmed extremely popular in collage classes on Marxism on either undergraduate and graduate degrees. the 1st version was once greatly reviewed, and during this re-creation Professor Ollman replies to his critics in 'More on inner relations,' released the following as Appendix II. as well as this new appendix the writer now presents a extra systematic dialogue of Marx's idea of ideology, parts of which have been previously dispersed in the course of the booklet. He additionally makes an attempt to set the therapy of political alienation in the broader framework of Marx's thought of the nation as a version of ways an strategy in keeping with inner relatives can be utilized to combine a number of it seems that contradictory interpretations of Marx's perspectives.
Read or Download Alienation: Marx's Conception of Man in a Capitalist Society (Cambridge Studies in the History and Theory of Politics) PDF
Similar marxism books
From Althusser's such a lot prolific interval, this ebook is destined to develop into a classic.
In the past due Seventies and Nineteen Eighties, Louis Althusser persevered a interval of extreme psychological instability in which he murdered his spouse and was once devoted to a psychiatric clinic. Spanning this deeply troubling interval, this fourth and ultimate quantity of political and philosophical writings unearths Althusser wrestling in an inventive and unorthodox style with a complete sequence of theoretical difficulties to provide a few of his very best paintings. In his profound exploration of questions of determinism and contingency, Althusser constructed a "philosophy of the encounter," which he hyperlinks to a hidden and subterranean culture within the background of Western notion which stretches from Epicurus via Spinoza and Machiavelli to Marx, Derrida and Heidegger.
Put up yr notice: First released 2002
Marx After Marxism encourages readers to appreciate Karl Marx in new methods, unencumbered via political Marxist interpretations that experience lengthy ruled the discussions of either Marxists and non-Marxists. This quantity offers a extensive and available account of Marx's philosophy and emphasizes his courting to Hegel.
Name be aware: unique identify Государство и революция
Contributor notice: Annotated and brought by way of Todd Chretien
Publish yr be aware: First released June twenty third 1906
It was once the following that Lenin justified his own interpretation of Marxism, savaged his rivals and set out his trenchant perspectives on classification clash, the teachings of past revolutions, the dismantling of the bourgeois country and the substitute of capitalism through the, dictatorship of the proletariat.
No, democracy isn't really exact with the subordination of the minority to the bulk. Democracy is a nation which recogizes the subordination of the minority to the bulk, i. e. , a firm for the systematic use of violence via one category opposed to the opposite, through one portion of the inhabitants opposed to one other.
- C. L. R. James: Cricket's Philosopher King
- A Marxist History of the World: From Neanderthals to Neoliberals
- The End of Work: Theological Critiques of Capitalism
- The Necessity of Social Control
- Studies in critical philosophy
Extra resources for Alienation: Marx's Conception of Man in a Capitalist Society (Cambridge Studies in the History and Theory of Politics)
30. Harris 1990, p. 33. 31. , p. 34. Holland was the first state to arise out of a bour geois revolution—namely, the national independence struggle against Spain and the (Calvinist) Reformation against Catholicism in the 16th century. The Dutch United Provinces later played a role in thwarting Spanish imperial designs during the Thirty Years War (1618-48) after which a Europewide state system was established with the Peace (Treaty) NOTES TO TH E INTRODUCTION 37 of Westphalia. It was mercantile fleets financed by German Hanseatic merchants, bankers and direct slaving by the Dutch merchant marines which gave the Dutch bourgeoisie the financial and military strength to wrest political power from Spain in the Treaty of Utrecht of 1713.
28. 13. Marx 1968, p. 72. 14. Sayles 2010, p. 286. 15. Emmanuel 1972, pp. 110-20; Edwards 1978, p. 20. 16. Cf. Gruber 1967, p. 59. 17. Kater 1983^. 241. 18. Marx 1977a. 19. Alter 1989, p. 7. 20. Hechter 2000, p. 10. 21. Connor 1978; Tishkov 2000, p. 627. 22. Amin 1980. 23. Hechter 2000. 24. , p. 17. 25. Ibid. 26. Blaut 1987, p. 3. Blaut here underestimates the progressive role that can be played by the national bourgeoisie, an exploiting class, in the Third World. The national bourgeoisie finds itself playing second fiddle to imperialism in political, military and cultural terms, and is forced to observe foreign, imperialist capital receive a disproportionate share of the value produced by its country.
Hechter 2000, p. 10. 21. Connor 1978; Tishkov 2000, p. 627. 22. Amin 1980. 23. Hechter 2000. 24. , p. 17. 25. Ibid. 26. Blaut 1987, p. 3. Blaut here underestimates the progressive role that can be played by the national bourgeoisie, an exploiting class, in the Third World. The national bourgeoisie finds itself playing second fiddle to imperialism in political, military and cultural terms, and is forced to observe foreign, imperialist capital receive a disproportionate share of the value produced by its country.